Doug's Headers D357Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 Chevy, Raw
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Raw SteelHeader development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1955-1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.6L/283 V8
1955-1956 Chevrolet Corvette 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Corvette 4.6L/283 V8
- Doug's Headers D357Y-R 1 5/8" Tri-Y Header Chevrolet Passenger Car/Wagon Small Block Chevrolet 55-57 Raw Steel
- Tri-Y Design - Raw Steel
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port: OVL
- Primary: 1 5/8 - 2
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- Fits D-Port heads
- Use orig. style V8 pitman arm
- Fits 605 steering
- Will not fit if eng. is 3/4+ in. forward
- Fits TCI mount kit 725-7005-80
- Fits W/Danchuk mounts
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
- with Column Shift
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D357Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 Chevy, CC
Doug's Headers D357Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 Chevy, Blk
Doug's Headers D300Y-R Tri-Y Header 1-5/8 In, 73-87 Chevy Truck, Raw
Doug's Headers D371Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 67-72 Chevy Truck, Raw
Doug's Headers D372Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 67-72 Chevy Truck, Raw
Doug's Headers D1104Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1972-81 Jeep, Raw
Doug's Headers D375Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 67-74 Camaro, Raw
Doug's Headers D660YA-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 60-65 Falcon, Raw
Doug's Headers D661Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 60-70 Ford, Raw
Doug's Headers D6648Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 80-87 Ford Truck, Raw
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.