Doug's Headers D311-R Shorty Header, 1-7/8 In, 55-57 Chevy LS1, Raw
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Mid Length Raw Steel Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Mid length headers provide improved ground clearance for popular muscle cars and street rods
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1955-1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.6L/283 V8
1955-1956 Chevrolet Corvette 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Corvette 4.6L/283 V8
- Doug's Headers D311-R 1 7/8" 4-Tube Shorty Header Chevrolet Passenger Car/Wagon LS1 55-57 Raw Steel
- Shorty Design - Raw Steel
- Collector: 3
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 7/8
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- LS1/LS6 eng. Must use a LS1 oil pan
- O2 bungs on collectors
- Must use Street and Performance billet adaptors
- along W/D and P Classis Chevy frame stands
- Fits 605 steering
- with Floor Shifter
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
More Like This
Doug's Headers D311-B Shorty Header, 1-7/8 In, 55-57 Chevy LS1, Black
Doug's Headers D311 Shorty Header, 1-7/8 In, 55-57 Chevy LS1, CC
Doug's Headers D357Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 Chevy, Raw
Doug's Headers D359-R Full Length Header, 2-1/8 In, 55-57 Chevy, Raw
Big Block Chevy Weld Up Header Kit, 2 In Primary, 3.5 In Collector
Speedway Flathead Ford V8 Center Dump Headers, Raw Finish
Fenton® Ford Flathead V8 Cast Iron Headers w/ Gaskets
Speedway Economy Ford Flathead V8 Exhaust Headers, Raw Finish
Trans-Dapt 11/07/95 CJS Chevy Vega V8 Conversion Kit
Schoenfeld 1014L Sprint Car Headers, 1-3/4, 3-1/2, Standard Port
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.