Doug's Headers D311-R Shorty Header, 1-7/8 In, 55-57 Chevy LS1, Raw
265 Chevy Small Block V8, 283 Chevy Small Block V8, Shorty Header Tube Type, Raw, Steel
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Mid Length Raw Steel Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Mid length headers provide improved ground clearance for popular muscle cars and street rods
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1955-1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4.6L/283 V8
1955-1956 Chevrolet Corvette 4.3L/265 V8
1957 Chevrolet Corvette 4.6L/283 V8
- Doug's Headers D311-R 1 7/8" 4-Tube Shorty Header Chevrolet Passenger Car/Wagon LS1 55-57 Raw Steel
- Shorty Design - Raw Steel
- Collector: 3
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 7/8
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds
- LS1/LS6 eng. Must use a LS1 oil pan
- O2 bungs on collectors
- Must use Street and Performance billet adaptors
- along W/D and P Classis Chevy frame stands
- Fits 605 steering
- with Floor Shifter
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
More Like This
Doug's Headers D356 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 SBC, CC
Doug's Headers D357Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 Chevy, Raw
Doug's Headers D357Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 55-57 Chevy, CC
Doug's Headers D311 Shorty Header, 1-7/8 In, 55-57 Chevy LS1, CC
Doug's Headers D926 Aluminum Y-Pipe, 3 Inch, 99-05 Chevy Truck
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, AHC Coated
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, Chrome
Patriot Exhaust H8025-B Tri-5 Header, 55-57 SBC, Black
Patriot Exhaust H8025-1 Tri-5 Header, 55-57 SBC, CC
Patriot Exhaust H8025 Tri-5 Header, 55-57 SBC, Raw
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.