Doug's Headers D309Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 1958-64 Chevy, Raw
348 Chevy W-Series V8, 409 Chevy W-Series V8, Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Raw, Steel, Natural
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 4 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Raw SteelHeader development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1958-1961 Chevrolet Bel Air 5.7L/348 V8
1961-1964 Chevrolet Bel Air 6.7L/409 V8
1959-1960 Chevrolet El Camino 5.7L/348 V8
1959-1961 Chevrolet Impala 5.7L/348 V8
1961-1964 Chevrolet Impala 6.7L/409 V8
- Doug's Headers D309Y-R 1 3/4" Tri-Y Header Chevrolet Passenger Car/Wagon 409 58-64 Raw Steel
- Tri-Y Design - Raw Steel
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 3/4 - 2
- emissions code: legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- with A/C
- with Column Shift
- with Floor Shifter
More Like This
Doug's Headers D358-R Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 58-64 SBC, Raw
Doug's Headers D309Y Tri-Y Header, 1-3/4 In, 1958-64 Chevy, CC
Doug's Headers D358 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 58-64 SBC, CC
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, AHC Coated
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, Chrome
Doug's Headers D358-B Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 58-64 SBC, Blk
Hooker 2171-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2171HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2201HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Flowtech 11132FLT Long Tube Header, 3.5 Inch Collector Size
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!