Doug's Headers D1104Y-B Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1972-81 Jeep, Black
304 AMC V8, Tri-Y Header Tube Type, Hi-Temp Black, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Black
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's 2/4 WD TRUCK HEADERS Tri-Y Hi-Temp Black Coated Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Tri-Y headers yield maximum power from off idle to 4500 RPM making them well suited for applications demanding maximum mid-range torque with maximum fuel economy
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Hi-Temp Black Coating
Application1972-1981 Jeep CJ5 5L/304 V8
1972-1974 Jeep CJ6 5L/304 V8
- Doug's Headers D1104Y-B 1 5/8" Tri-Y Header AMC Jeep V8 72-81 Hi-Temp Black Coating
- Tri-Y Design - Black
- Collector: 2 1/2
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 5/8 - 2
- Dog leg exhaust port
- legal for off-highway use (exc. in Calif. or states using Calif. emission standards)
- with A/C
More Like This
Doug's Headers D1104Y-R Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1972-81 Jeep, Raw
Doug's Headers D190-R Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 72-80 Jeep, Raw
Doug's Headers D190 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 72-80 Jeep, CC
Doug's Headers D127-B Full Length Header 1-5/8 In, 72-86 Jeep/SBC, Blk
Doug's Headers D1104Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1972-81 Jeep, CC
Doug's Headers D127 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 72-86 Jeep/SBC, CC
Doug's Headers D190-B Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 72-80 Jeep, Black
Hooker 9403HKR Competition Full-Length Headers, 1972-80 Jeep, 304-401
Flowtech 13502FLT Long Tube Header, 1.625 Inch Tube Size
Flowtech 13550FLT Long Tube Header, Painted, 1.626 Inch Tube Size
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!