Doug's Headers D104 Full Length Header, 1-7/8", 68-74 Javelin
290 AMC V8, 304 AMC V8, 343 AMC V8, 360 AMC V8, 390 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8, Standard Flange Style
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Long Tube Metallic Ceramic CoatedHeader development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges... no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design... reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing... longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1971-1974 American Motors Ambassador 5.9L/360 V8
1971-1974 American Motors Ambassador 5L/304 V8
1971-1974 American Motors Ambassador 6.6L/401 V8
1968-1969 American Motors AMX 4.7L/290 V8
1968-1969 American Motors AMX 5.6L/343 V8
1970 American Motors AMX 5.9L/360 V8
1970 American Motors AMX 5L/304 V8
1968-1970 American Motors AMX 6.4L/390 V8
1968-1969 American Motors Javelin 4.7L/290 V8
1968-1969 American Motors Javelin 5.6L/343 V8
1970-1974 American Motors Javelin 5.9L/360 V8
1970-1974 American Motors Javelin 5L/304 V8
1968-1970 American Motors Javelin 6.4L/390 V8
1971-1974 American Motors Javelin 6.6L/401 V8
1971-1974 American Motors Matador 5.9L/360 V8
1971-1974 American Motors Matador 5L/304 V8
1971-1974 American Motors Matador 6.6L/401 V8
- Doug's Headers D104 1 7/8" 4-Tube Full Length Header AMC Javelin 68-74 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 3 1/2
- Port: SAP
- Primary: 1 7/8
- Dog leg exhaust port
- exc. states w/Calif. emission stds.
- with A/C
- For Off-Road Use Only
More Like This
Doug's Headers D104-B Full Length Header 1-7/8 In, 68-74 Javelin
Doung's Headers D-104R Full Length Header 1-7/8 in 68-74 Javelin,
Hooker 7103HKR Super Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901-4HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 1901-1HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7103-1HKR Super Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901-3HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Patriot Exhaust H8600 Clippster Direct Replace Header
Doug's Headers D103 Full Length Header, 1-3/4", 68-79 Javelin
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!