Doug's Headers D103-R Full Length Header 1-3/4 In, 68-79 Javeline, Raw
290 AMC V8, 304 AMC V8, 343 AMC V8, 360 AMC V8, 390 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8, Raw, Steel, Natural
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Doug's PASSENGER CAR HEADERS Long Tube Raw Steel Header development and design is complex and requires a substantial amount of time and resources to do the job right! Many manufacturers are unwilling to make the commitment and instead offer compromised headers at lower prices. Doug's will not compromise performance, quality or fit to compete with inferior designs at cheap prices. Every Doug's header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges...no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design... reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing...longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header is left unfinished (raw steel) for individual customizing
Application1968-1969 American Motors AMX 4.7L/290 V8
1968-1969 American Motors AMX 5.6L/343 V8
1970 American Motors AMX 5.9L/360 V8
1970-1979 American Motors AMX 5L/304 V8
1968-1970 American Motors AMX 6.4L/390 V8
1968-1969 American Motors Javelin 4.7L/290 V8
1968-1969 American Motors Javelin 5.6L/343 V8
1970-1974 American Motors Javelin 5.9L/360 V8
1970-1974 American Motors Javelin 5L/304 V8
1968-1970 American Motors Javelin 6.4L/390 V8
1971-1974 American Motors Javelin 6.6L/401 V8
- Doug's Headers D103-R 1 3/4" 4-Tube Full Length Header AMC Javelin V8 68-79 Raw Steel
- Raw Steel
- Collector: 3
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 3/4
- Dog leg exhaust port
- emissions code: legal only for off-highway use (except in California or states that have adopted California emission standards)
- with: No A/C
More Like This
Doung's Headers D-104R Full Length Header 1-7/8 in 68-74 Javelin,
Doug's Headers D104 Full Length Header, 1-7/8 Inch, 68-74 Javeline, CC
Doug's Headers D103-B Full Length Header 1-3/4 In, 68-79 Javeline, Blk
Doug's Headers D103 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 Inch, 68-79 Javeline, CC
Doug's Headers D104-B Full Length Header 1-7/8 In, 68-74 Javeline, Blk
Hooker 7103HKR Super Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901-4HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Hooker 7901HKR Competition Headers, 1968-1974 AMC, 290-401
Patriot Exhaust H8600-1 Clippster Direct Replace Header
Patriot Exhaust H8600-B Clippster Direct Replace Header
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.