Disc Brake Kit 1978-88 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4 In
Front Position, 5 on 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 11 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type, Natural
- Excellent upgrade from outdated drum brakes to disc brakes on '37-'48 Ford passenger car spindles or '37-'47 Ford pickup spindles, no machine work needed
- Features an 11" vented rotor for superior braking performance with 5 on 4-3/4" (Chevy) bolt pattern, 7/16" studs
- Common GM metric calipers with a 2 1/2" bore for proven reliability and easy replacement options
- Works with aftermarket bolt on steering arms or factory forged steering arms
- All inclusive kit with instructions to easily install everything at the wheel
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Easily install 11" rotors and 1978-88 GM Metric calipers to your 1937-48 Ford passenger car style spindles with no machine work needed. This disc brake kit is great for street rods based on 1932-1948 Fords. For lightweight cars like T-buckets or early roadsters, we recommend the Wilwood kits. This front disc brake conversion kit works well with bolt-on steering arms. The 11" diameter rotors have the GM wheel bolt pattern of 5 x 4-3/4". Calipers have 7/16"-20 inlets.
- Fit modern GM style disc brakes to your 1932-48 Ford spindle equipped hotrod
- Designed to be used on 1932-48 Ford street rod-type builds
- 11" diameter rotors provide plenty of stopping power
- 5 x 4-3/4" bolt pattern to fit behind many Chevy bolt patterned wheels
- GM metric style calipers are easily serviced and maintained for years of dependable service
Installation Note: If utilizing the later Ford 'Square Back' style spindle, it will require minimal modification (removal of approximately 1/8" of material from the spindle) to clearance the caliper bracket. The early Ford style 'Round Back' spindle will not require this additional modification. Due to the numerous types of bolt arm steering arms that can be utilized, installer provided steering arm bolts applicable to the specific steering arms may be required as provided by installer.
910-31946 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway Soft Street Brake Pads, GM Metric 1978-Up D154Part # 9193381Qty x 1
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric LH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-LQty x 1
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric RH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-RQty x 1
Brake Bracket Kit 1978-88 GM Caliper to Early Ford SpindlesPart # 7024475Qty x 1
Wheel Bearing Outer Cone, 3/4", SteelPart # 912TLM11949Qty x 2
1973-77 GM Midsize 11 Inch Disc Brake RotorPart # 91031063Qty x 2
Bolt Kit for 1937-48 Ford Spindle Flat Steering ArmsPart # 7024475-3Qty x 1
1937-1948 Ford Spindle Castle NutsPart # 910616004Qty x 1
Front Disc Brake Hardware KitPart # 9103142.1Qty x 1
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Early Ford Bolt-on Brake Conversion
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.