Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4In
Front Position, 5 on 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 11 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type, Natural
- This kit easily installs 11" rotors and GM single piston calipers to your '37-'48 Ford passenger car spindles or '37-'47 Ford pickup spindles
- Complete kit includes new rotors and semi-metallic pads, new bearings and seals, new caliper bolts and calipers, along with caliper mounting brackets, bushings, hardware, instructions and brake hoses
- 5 on 4 3/4" bolt pattern (Chevy pattern only). May not fit some 14" wheels
- Widens track 3/4" per side
- Works well with bolt-on steering arms or stock steering arm
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Easily installs 11" rotors and the 1969-77 GM midsize calipers to your 1937-48 Ford passenger car spindles. No machine work needed. This kit works well with bolt-on steering arms. The 11" rotor brake kits are great for street rods based on 1932-48 Fords. Uses Chevy bolt pattern 5 on 4-3/4".
Item Details'11" rotor w/ ''69-''77 GM caliper to early Ford spindles'
- When using this kit on a 1937-41 Ford spindle (original or reproduction), a small portion of the spindle edge (approx. 1/4" x 1") must be ground away to allow the caliper to fit all the way into the bracket.
910-31942 Instructions (PDF)
NotesRequired diameter for wheel clearance is 12.6". Spindle centerline to outboard caliper side is 6.3".
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4Part # 91631903Qty x 1
1969-1972 GM Midsize 11 Inch Brake Rotor, 5 on 4 3/4 InchPart # 91065390Qty x 2
IMCA 1969-77 Midsize Standard Stock GM Caliper, LHPart # 91031035-LQty x 1
IMCA 1969-77 Midsize Standard Stock GM Caliper, RHPart # 91031035-RQty x 1
Speedway Soft Street Organic Brake Pads GM Mid-Size 1969-1977Part # 9193382Qty x 1
Wheel Bearing Outer Cone, 3/4", SteelPart # 912TLM11949Qty x 2
1937-1948 Ford Spindle Castle NutsPart # 910616004Qty x 1
Front Disc Brake Hardware KitPart # 9103141.1Qty x 1
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Early Ford Bolt-on Brake Conversion
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.