Dart 31131211 Little M Chevy Block, 4.125 Inch Bore
Chevy Small Block V8
For those wanting the ultimate cast iron small Chevy block, Darts Little M is your best bet. The Little M features extra thick stock deck heights, stock cam height, stock pan rails, 4 bolt steel main caps, and they are already clearanced for a 3.875" stroke. These blocks have the common 350 main journal diameter with a 4.125" bore size. Two-piece rear main seal.
304-31211 Instructions (PDF)
Must ship truck. Truck Freight Shipping Charges Apply - click here for details
Item DetailsSteel Main Caps
- Extra thick cylinder walls resist cracking and improve ring seal for more power
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to equalize temperatures
- Priority main oiling system directs oil to the main bearings first for more dependable lubrication
- Blind tapped head bolt holes prevent water leaks
- Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal
- Standard small block deck height allows use of off the shelf parts
- Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps prevent cracks
- Open lifter valley improves return to oil pan
- Enlarged lifter bosses accommodate offset and oversize lifters
- 4-bolt billet steel main caps have splayed outer bolts for extra strength
- Front and rear external oil inlets, crossovers and restrictor provisions to simplify plumbing with external pump
- Block includes special coated cam bearings, freeze plugs and dowels
More Like This
Dart 31131111 Little M Chevy Block, 4.00 Inch Bore
Dart 31161111 Special High Performance Chevy Block, 4.00 Inch Bore
BluePrint BPSB4000100W SB Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block, 1 piece Seal
BluePrint BPSB4000200S SB Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block, 2 piece Seal
BluePrint BPSB4000200W SB Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block, 2 piece Seal
BluePrint BPSB4000100S SB Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block, 1 piece Seal
BluePrint BPS4250100S BB Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block, 1 piece Seal
BluePrint BPT4250100W BB Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block, 2 piece Seal
BluePrint BPT4250200W BB Chevy Cast Iron Engine Block, 2 piece Seal
Dart 31161211 Special High Performance Chevy Block, 4.125 Inch Bore
Q & A
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Piston Ring Style Chart
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.