Dakota Digital VHX-69P-FIR-C-B 69 Firebid VHX Gauges, Carbon/Blue
1969 Pontiac Firebird, Analog Gauge Series, Electric Gauge Style, Dash Cluster Gauge Set Design
The other half of GM’s arsenal in the pony-car wars, the 1969 Firebird brought good looks and Pontiac power to the game. Set up yours with this direct-fit instrument system while retaining your original instrument bezel. 140MPH speedometer with nested 8,000RPM tach are complimented by a quad gauge with the rest of the important information!
Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
- Carbon fiber background with blue lighting
- Sensors Included
- Water tempurature - 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with 10 ft harness
- Oil pressure - 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with 10 ft harness
- Cable driven speed sensor/generator - replaces GM style speedometer cable with a 10 ft wire harness
- Analog Gauges
- Speedometer 0 - 140 MPH
- Tachometer 0 - 8,000 RPM
- Oil Pressure 0 - 80 psi
- Water Temperature 100 - 260 degree F
- Fuel Level E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- Voltmeter 9 - 17 VDC
- Digital message centers
- Odometer (one time user settable, million mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0 - 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- Performance meters
- 0-60 MPH Timer
- 1/4 mile time
- 1/4 mile end speed (trap speed)
- High speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Digital Gauges
- Speedometer (0-255 MPH)
- Tachometer (0-9,900 RPM)
- Oil Pressure (0-100 psi displayed in 1 psi increments)
- Water Temperature (100-300 degrees F displayed in 1 degree increments)
- Voltmeter (9-17 VDC)
- Fuel Level (0-99% full)
- Built in indicators
- Turn signals (Left/Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Park Brake
- Cruise Control (On/Engauged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (requires Dakota Digital GSS-3000 sensor)
- 4x4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- Lighting - Back lit technology is popular with performance instrumentation due to precise lighting allowing you see what is truly important when you really need it at a quick glance. Each number, tick mark, annunciator, needle, indicator and digital message center is lit by a series of LEDs behind the gauge face.
- Dakota Digital instruments are programmed and operated by the push of a button. Simply mount the included pushbuttons supplied with your gauges in a convenient and easily accessible location. These buttons are used to calibrate your speedometer, set the cylinder count and the fuel level gauge. Once properly configured these same buttons are used to access the wealth of information located in the Digital Message Centers
Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Mounting Manual (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 70 business days for Dakota Digital to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Check out the second video on how to program Omega Kustom Gauges!
Darrian explains how to program the Omega Kustom 3-N-1 Gauge in the third and final video of the series.
Speedway Motors product expert Pat shows off some of our CNC billet aluminum pieces available for your late 60's Chevy or Ford truck.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.
Pat talks about our GPS module that generates a speed signal to your electronic speedometer.
Darrian demonstrates how to program our Omega Kustom Quad Gauges. Check it out!