Currie CE-98129-27375 27-3/8 Long 31 Spline Rear Axle
Ford 9", 31 Spline Count, 29.63" Overall Length, Dual: 5 on 4.5"/4.75" Bolt Pattern, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This is garage sale priced because it is missing the studs.
Currie axle made to work in the 58" centered Speedway Motors Ford 9" rear housing (910-46105). Our matched axle to complete the set (910-46107). 29-5/8 inches long.
- 9 Inch Ford
- 31 Spline
- 27-3/8 Inch Long
- 20-30% stronger than factory axles - increased depth allows for flex without breaking
- Drilled for both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" wheel bolt patterns
- Includes both 7/16"-20 and 1/2"-20 wheel studs
- Compatible with "Big Ford - New Style" housing and brakes with 2-1/2" offset
- Includes a set-20 bearing and retainer you will have to press on
- Axles sold each, not as a pair
Need a certain length not found on our site? Check outCurrie's 9+ Rearend Calculator to have specially sized axles or rearend housings made for your specific application. Custom orders will be built and processed directly through Currie Enterprizes and shipped to your door. For ease of ordering, please refer to Currie's Dimension Diagram.
When installing new axles in rearends with posi traction differentials, be sure to install the driver's side axle first to keep the splines properly aligned. Failure to do so may move the two splined gears out of alignment, and it may be difficult to install the driver's side axle properly if the passenger side axle is already installed.
If installation of passenger side axle is done first it may require two people when installing the driver's side axle, with both parties rotating reach axle until splines are in line and the driver's side axle fully sides into the housing.
To ensure you get the most out of your new 9 Inch components, Currie recommends that you perform a proper break-in process:
- Use a name brand mineral-based gear oil, preferably 85w140 (Extremely high quality synthetic oils may be used once break-in process has been successfully performed)
- Place vehicle on jack stands and let the rearend spin while the vehicle idles - run transmission in both forward and reverse periodically throughout the process
- Continue to run the rearend until the pinion gets hot (place hand on bottom of the differential housing to verify this)
- Proper break-in allows: The ability to install new axles and hit the track the same day without worry. Extended life for rearend components. Keeps the quality and life of your gear oil.
Note: If you find that your rearend is running somewhat "tight" be sure to addto "loosen up". If a more aggressive performance is desired, Friction Modifier is not needed.
More Like This
Currie CE-98132-29625 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 29-5/8 Inch
Currie CE-98129-27375 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 27-3/8 Inch
Currie 98126 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 31 Spline Axle, 26 Inch
Currie 98135 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 31 Spline Axle, 35 Inch
Currie CE-98132-30625 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 30-5/8 Inch
Currie 98132 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 31 Spline Axle, 32 Inch
Currie CE-98129-26375 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 26-3/8 Inch
Currie CE-98129-28625 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 28-5/8 Inch
Currie CE-98129-28375 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 28-1/4 Inch
9 Inch Ford Cut-to-Fit Axle with Bearing
Q & A
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Eagle Motorsports shows off their premier 3-spoke Micro Hubs.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Front Axle Assembly.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Rear Axle Assembly.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on assembling their Stallard SST Rear Axle Assembly.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.