Crane Cams 6000-6480 HI-6RL Oval Track Ignition, 8000 RPM
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Fully digital design with multi spark CD ignition. Potted with soft urethane so unit is sealed from dirt, oil moisture and vibration. Other features include, lightweight aluminum housing with cooling fins, a present rev-limiter in factory sealed unit per sanction rules, Weatherpack® connectors, mag trigger input and tachometer input.
- Operating Voltage: 6 to 18 volts (reverse polarity protected, negative ground only)
- Current Draw: 7.0 amps max at 10,000 RPM
- RPM Limiter Accuracy: +/- 30 RPM
- Timing Accuracy: +/- 0.5 degrees from 500 to 9,900 RPM
- Multiple Spark Duration:
- 20° crankshaft rotation below 3,000 RPM
- Maximum 12 sparks per seq. with 1 millisecond interval between sparks
- Primary Voltage Output: 450 volts
- Primary Energy Output: 1200 millijoules/sequence
- Peak Spark Gap Current:
- 380 milliamps with LX91 coil
- 510 milliamps with LX92 coil
- Dimensions: 8" L x 4-1/2" W x 2" H, 4-1/2 lbs.
WarrantiesCrane Cams Warranty
More Like This
Speedway SBC Small Block Chevy V8 HEI Circle Track Ignition Kit
MSD 6214 Programmable Midget CDI Ignition System
MSD 6520 Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
MSD 5520 Street Fire CDI Ignition
MSD 6632 6 HVC CDI Ignition Box with Soft Touch Rev Contol
MSD 6201 6A Ignition Control
MSD 6425 6AL Digital Ignition Control Box
MSD 62153 MSD DIS-4 Plus High Output
MSD 6302 DIS Dual Coil Ignitor, 2 Channel
MSD 6631 MSD 6 HVC, Professional Race - Rev Control Deutsch Connectors
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!