Chevy Performance 19419003 Big Block ZZ502 Deluxe Crate Engine
502 Chevy Big Block V8, Deluxe Crate Engine Crate Engine Type, 502 cu. in. Engine Displacement
- With more than 500 horsepower and 575 lb-ft torque, this engine demands your full attention and a chassis that is strong enough to harness its gut-tugging twisting power
- Chevrolet Performance Parts' ZZ502/502 is one of the industry's benchmark crate engines, offering excellent value with a proven combination of performance that is suitable for the street or strip
- Now, all ZZ502 crate engines are manufactured with GM's updated cylinder block casting that is stronger and better supports high-performance applications
- A forged crankshaft, along with forged rods and pistons, anchor the bottom end, while GM's popular oval-port aluminum heads offer excellent airflow characteristics
- The ZZ502/502 Deluxe package comes complete from the oil pan to the carburetor; and includes an HEI distributor, plug wires, starter, water pump, balancer, and an aluminum intake
Drop some performance into your Street Rod, Muscle Car or Truck with these genuine Chevrolet Performance engines! All Chevrolet Performance engines include a 24 Month 50,000 mile warranty. If you’ve never experienced the ZZ502/502, you simply don’t know what Big-Block power is all about. With more than 500 horsepower and 575 lb-ft of torque, it demands your full attention and a chassis that is strong enough to harness its gut-tugging twisting power. Chevrolet Performance Parts’ ZZ502/502 is one of the industry’s benchmark crate engines, offering excellent value with a proven combination of performance that is suitable for the street or strip. And now, all ZZ502 crate engines are manufactured with GM’s updated cylinder block casting that is stronger and better supports high-performance applications. A forged crankshaft, along with forged rods and pistons, anchor the bottom end, while GMs popular oval-port aluminum heads offer excellent airflow characteristics. Torque tops the 500 lb-ft mark by approximately 2500 rpm and doesn’t dip below it until about 5000 rpm. The ZZ505/502 Deluxe package comes complete from the oil pan to the carburetor; and includes an HEI distributor, plug wires, starter, water pump, balancer and an aluminum intake topped with a Holley 870-cfm four barrel. When you’re looking for uncompromising power for your Camaro, Chevy II or street rod, the ZZ505/502 is the Big-Block that delivers—big time!"
- Entire engine package, from carb to oil pan, and comes assembled from the factory
- Also includes a Holley 870-cfm four-barrel carburetor, dual-plane intake manifold CNC-port matched to the oval-port heads, starter, distributor, plug wires and water pump
- 508 horsepower 5200 RPM
- 580 lb.-ft. of torque 3600 RPM
- 4.47" x 4.000" bore x stroke
- 9.6:1 compression
- 92 octane recommended fuel
- 4-bolt main caps
- Cam lift: .527" intake / .544 exhaust
- Cam duration .050": 224° intake / 234° exhaust
- 112° lobe separation
- 2.250" intake / 1.880" exhaust valves
- 1.7:1 ratio stamped rocker arms
- Fully assembled long block
- Black cast aluminum valve covers
- Aluminum intake manifold
- 870 CFM carburetor
- Oil pump, pick-up, oil pan
- HEI distributor, plug wires, looms, spark plugs
- 14" automatic transmission flexplate
- Heavy duty starter
- 8" harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- Aluminum long style water pump
- Oil filter and adapter
- Passenger side RH oil dipstick w/ tube
Warranty Information (PDF)
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 19331579 ZZ502 Big Block Crate Engine
Edelbrock 46230 Performer RPM 540 Crate Engine
Edelbrock 49557 Edelbrock/Musi 555 RPM XT EFI 723 HP
Edelbrock 48557 Edelbrock/Musi 555 RPM EFI 697 HP
BluePrint BP4967CT GM 496 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint PS5720CTC Chevy 572 Pro Series, Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
Chevrolet Performance 19418137 SPC350 Turn-Key Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19418136 ZZ6 SBC Turn-Key Crate Engine
BluePrint 306 Ford Bronco Edition Dressed Longblock
BluePrint 350 Chevy Dressed Longblock with Carburetor, Pulley Kit
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.