Chevy Performance 19418657 SBC SP383 Deluxe 435 HP Crate Engine
383 Chevy Small Block V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
- When it comes to cranking serious torque from the classic Small-Block, it's hard to beat the 383 stroker combination
- Uses a long 3.800 inch stroke with 4.005 inch bores to generate exceptional low-end pulling power and surprising high-rpm horsepower
- Features lightweight aluminum cylinder heads based on the proven Fast Burn design
- Beehive-style valve springs enable great high-rpm performance and durability, allowing the SP383 to rev higher and build more horsepower
When it comes to cranking serious torque from the classic Small-Block, it’s hard to beat the 383 stroker combination, which uses a long, 3.800-inch stroke with 4.005-inch bores to generate exceptional low-end pulling power and surprising high-rpm horsepower.
It features lightweight aluminum cylinder heads based on the proven Fast Burn design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves. Beehive-style valve springs enable great high-rpm performance and durability, allowing the SP383 to rev higher and build more horsepower.
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V8
- Displacement (cu. in.): 383
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.000 x 3.800
- Block: Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged steel
- Connecting Rods: Heavy-duty forged steel
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in.): .509 intake / .528 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 222° intake / 230° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Fast Burn aluminum; 62-cc chambers
- Valve Size (in.): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 19210724): Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 36° total at 4000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6000
- Balanced: External
Warranty Information (PDF)
More Like This
Chevy Performance 19420194 Small Block 350/265 Base Crate Engine
Chevy Performance 19420873 Small Block 350 HO Base Crate Engine
Chevy Performance 19420875 SBC 350 HO 330HP Turn-Key Crate Engine
Chevy Performance 19420870 Small Block 350/357 Base Crate Engine
Chevy Performance 19419205 Small Block ZZ6 350 Base Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Crate Engine
Chevy Performance 19418136 SBC ZZ6 350 EFI Deluxe Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 88869602 CT350 IMCA-Seal 602 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19420874 SBC 350/330 HP Deluxe Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19370604 CT400 GM-Sealed 604 Crate Engine
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.