THE ULTIMATE ‘ZZ’ 350-BASED CRATE ENGINE FROM CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE, NOW WITH EFI!
Chevrolet Performance’s ZZ6 is one of the most powerful 350-based crate engines in the more than 25-year history of the ‘ZZ’ crate engine lineup. It uses aluminum Fast Burn cylinder heads equipped with LS-style beehive valve springs for greater high-rpm performance. It’s rated at 405 horsepower and 406 lb.-ft. of torque – more than any Small-Block engine ever offered in a production Chevrolet muscle car or Corvette!
The ZZ6 is built with a cast-iron block with four-bolt mains, along with a forged steel crankshaft, an aggressive hydraulic roller camshaft and durable, high-silicon pistons. The modern induction system, feates port fuel injectors installed in the aluminum intake manifold that maintains the appearance of a carbureted engine. A throttle body mounted in place of the carburetor allows a traditional air cleaner to be installed. Motorsports-inspired valve covers distinguish this new crate engine at a glance, too – along with Chevy “Bowtie” insignias in the ends of the cylinder heads that let everyone know you’ve got the latest Chevrolet Performance hardware under the hood.
This deluxe engine package includes the distributor, flexplate, and balancer installed. Air cleaner assembly, ignition wires, and water pump not included.
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block
- Displacement (cu in): 350
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.000 x 3.48
- Block: Cast-iron with 4-bolt mains
- Crankshaft: Forged steel
- Connecting Rods: Forged powder metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Induction system: Electronically controlled port fuel-injection
- Camshaft: Steel hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in): .474 intake/.510 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers
- Valve Size (inches): 2.000 intake / 1.550 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.72:1 nominal
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Distributor: HEI
- Ignition timing: 36° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 5,800 rpm
- Flexplate: 12.750"
- Balanced: External