Chevrolet Performance 19368150 Crate Engine, 350/420 HP ZZ6
350 Chevy Small Block V8, Turn-Key Crate Engine Crate Engine Type, 420 horsepower Horsepower
Rated at 405 hp and 406 lb.-ft. of torque, it derives its range-topping performance from unique, lightweight aluminum cylinder heads that enable optimal airflow at high rpm. The cylinder head casting is based on the proven Fast Burn design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55-inch valves. Beehive-style valve springs deliver greater high-rpm performance and durability. Their egg-shaped profiles have less reciprocating mass in motion, require less spring pressure for greater valve control and handle valvetrain stresses more efficiently. They allow the ZZ6 to rev higher to make the most of every cubic inch of air drawn through it. The ZZ6 also uses an aggressive hydraulic roller camshaft that supports the engine’s high-rpm airflow capability while maintaining excellent low-speed drivability.
This Base crate engine kit includes the intake manifold, distributor, water pump, damper and flexplate – and the distinctive, racing-inspired valve covers that distinguish this crate engine as the latest in the ZZ legacy!
- Fully GM assembled long block
- Black Aluminum Valve Covers
- Black Aluminum Air Cleaner
- Oil pump, pick-up and oil pan
- Aluminum Performance Dual Plane Intake
- Chevrolet Performance EFI system
- Distributor and Spark Plugs
- 12-3/4” Auto Trans Flexplate
- 8” Harmonic Balancer
- Front timing cover
- Cast Iron Long Water Pump
- Chevrolet Performance Serpentine Drive (FEAD) package with A/C
- Oil Filter and Adapter
- Passenger Side RH Oil Dipstick and Tube
- Power: 420 HP at 5800 RPM, 408 ft. lbs. of torque at 4500 RPM
- Displacement: 350 CID, 5.7L
- Bore x Stroke: 4.00” x 3.48”
- Compression Ratio: 9.72:1
- Recommended Fuel: 92 Octane
- Block: Cast Iron, 1 piece rear seal, 4-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: Powdered Metal Steel
- Pistons: Hypereutectic Aluminum
- Camshaft: Steel Hydraulic Roller Tappet
- Cam Lift: .474” Intake / .510” exhaust
- Cam Duration at .050”: 208 deg. Intake / 221 deg. Exhaust
- Lobe Separation: 112 Degree
- Cylinder Heads: Dual Bolt Pattern Fast Burn Aluminum, 3/8” screw-
- in rocker studs
- Combustion Chamber: 62cc
- Valves: .200” Intake/ 1.55” Exhaust
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum Roller, 1.5:1 Ratio
- Valve Springs: LS Beehive 12625033
- Balance: External
- Maximum GM Recommended RPM: 5800
- GM Recommended Torque Converter 3000-3400 Stall
- Ignition Timing: Base 10 degrees BTDC, 34 degrees total at 4000 RPM
Warranty Information (PDF)
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Decode small block Chevy engine suffix codes and block casting numbers with our SBC decoding info guide. Learn how to find and decipher your small block Chevy engine codes quickly and easily!
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.