Chevrolet Performance 19355815 SBC Ram Jet 350 Crate Engine, 345 HP
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 350 cu. in. Engine Displacement, 9.0:1 Compression Ratio
GM Performance’s unique Ram Jet 350 combines the classic look of the original Rochester mechanical injection system with the dependability and optimized performance of contemporary port fuel injection. It’s the perfect combination for a resto-mod hot rod, producing 345 hp and 396 lb.-ft. of torque, to get down the highway!
A cast-iron engine block is matched with a durable rotating assembly that delivers a pump-gas-friendly 9.0:1 compression ratio, as well as a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft that complements power delivery with a great idle quality. The engine’s unique intake manifold and plenum is 9.75 inches tall, offering plenty of clearance to fit under the hood of most vehicles without modifications.
The Ram Jet 350 crate engine kit includes a MEFI 4 engine controller, wiring harness and a detailed instruction guide to make adding this retro-style EFI system a complete DIY project. Additional components are required, including a high-pressure fuel pump and front-end accessory drive system.
- Chevy Small-Block V-8
- 350 displacement
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
- Block: Cast-iron with 2-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Cast-iron
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal steel
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift: .431 intake/.451 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 196° intake/206° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Vortec iron; 64cc chambers
- Valve Size (in): 1.940 intake/1.500 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1 nominal
- Rocker Arms: Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 34° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,200
- Balanced: External
- Intake Manifold: Ram Jet PFI design
- Comes with externally balanced, manual transmission flywheel; change to externally balanced flexplate for automatic transmission applications.
- Installer to supply 12-volt power source and fuel pump
- See instructions for fuel pump recommendation
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- IMPORTANT! For a safe, proper and trouble-free engine break-in, the MEFI 4 computer has a “green” mode that controls rpm during the break-in period. During this period, engine speed is limited to 4,000 rpm in the first hour, 4,500 rpm in the second hour and 5,200 rpm in the third hour
*Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 19210007 SBC 350/330 HP Long Block Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19210009 SBC 350 HO Turn-Key Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19210008 SBC 350/330 HP Deluxe Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19355658 SBC 350/290 HP LB Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19333157 SBC SP350/375 HP Base Crate Engine
BluePrint BP3550CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTF1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35511 GM 355 Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint BP3834 GM 383 Stroker Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.