Chevrolet Performance 19332532 SP383 SBC 383/435 HP Crate Engine
383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement, 9.6:1 Compression Ratio
The GM Performance big-torque SP383 is more powerful than ever. Revised cylinder heads have been added that incorporate a new, high-rpm valvetrain to help the SP383 produce 435 horsepower and 445 lb.-ft. of torque. The new, lightweight aluminum cylinder head casting is based on the proven Fast Burn design, with large intake runners and 2.00/1.55- inch valves.
The SP383 is built with a brand-new block with four-bolt mains. It also features a forged steel crankshaft, an aggressive hydraulic roller camshaft and durable, high-silicon pistons. Unique valve covers distinguish the engine from previous versions and it now includes a high-flow, aluminum intake manifold! Use the Holley 770-cfm four-barrel carburetor P/N 19170093 to make the most of the engine's capability and achieve the listed horsepower and torque ratings.
- New Cast-Iron Cylinder Block with 4-Bolt Mains
- Aluminum Fast Burn Cylinder Heads
- Single-Plane Aluminum High-Rise Intake
- Aluminum Roller Rocker Arms – 1.5:1
- Forged Steel Stroker Crankshaft
- Hydraulic Roller-Style Camshaft with .509"/.528" Lift
- Cam duration at .050": 220° intake / 230° exhaust
- 2.00" Intake and 1.55" Exhaust Valves
- Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a
24-Month or 50,000-Mile/80,000-Kilometer Limited
- Horsepower was developed with a 770 cfm Holley carburetor, P/N 19170093 (not included)
- Requires addition of carburetor, ignition, fuel pump and starter (not included)
- Comes with 12.750 automatic transmission flexplate. Requires 1986-1999 350-style externally balanced flywheel for manual transmissions
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with longblocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
More Like This
BluePrint MBP3830CTC GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint 383 SBC Crate Engine Package, FiTech Easy Street EFI
BluePrint 383 Stroker SBC Crate Engine Package, FiTech EFI, 430HP
BluePrint BP3830CTC1S GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Roller Crate Engine
BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38313CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.