Chevrolet Performance 19331579 ZZ502 Big Block Crate Engine
For a limited time only get a $250 Prepaid Visa Card with the purchase of a Chevrolet Performance crate engine or Chevrolet Performance transmission. For more details click here.
Chevrolet Performance’s ZZ502/502 is one of the industry’s benchmark crate engines, offering excellent value with a proven combination of performance that is suitable for the street or strip. With 508 horsepower and 580 lb-ft of torque, it demands your full attention and a chassis that is strong enough to harness its frame-straining twisting power.
All ZZ502 crate engines are manufactured with GM’s updated cylinder block casting that is stronger and better supports high-performance applications. A forged crankshaft, along with forged rods and pistons, anchors the bottom end, while our popular oval-port aluminum heads offer excellent airflow characteristics.
The ZZ505/502 Deluxe package comes complete from the oil pan to the carburetor, including an HEI distributor, plug wires, starter, water pump, balancer, and an aluminum intake topped with a Holley 870-cfm four-barrel.
- Chevy Big-Block V-8
- 502 Displacement (cu. in.):
- 4.470 x 4.000 Bore x Stroke
- Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps block
- Forged steel Crankshaft
- Forged steel, shot peened Connecting Rods
- Forged aluminum Pistons
- Hydraulic roller Camshaft
- .527 intake / .544 exhaust Camshaft Lift (in.)
- 224° intake / 234° exhaust Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.)
- Aluminum oval port; 110-cc chambers Cylinder Heads
- 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel Valve Size
- 9.6:1 Compression Ratio
- Stamped steel Rocker Arms
- 1.7:1 Rocker Arm Ratio:
- HEI type Distributor
- 870-cfm Carburetor
- Aluminum, short-style Water Pump
- Spark Plugs and Wires Included
- Starter Included
- 14" Flexplate
- Premium Recommended Fuel
- 32° @4,000 rpm Ignition Timing
- 5800 Maximum Recommended rpm:
- External Balanced
Warranty Info (PDF)
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 19301358 LS376/480 LS Crate Engine, 495 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19301326 LS3 6.2 LS Crate Engine, 430 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19301360 LS376/585 LS Crate Engine, 525 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19301359 LS376/515 LS Crate Engine, 533 HP
GM Performance 19244098 LS7 7.0L Engine, 427 CID
Chevrolet Performance 19329246 LS7 7.0L LS Crate Engine, 427
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.