Chevrolet Performance 19331579 ZZ502 Big Block Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance’s ZZ502/502 is one of the industry’s benchmark crate engines, offering excellent value with a proven combination of performance that is suitable for the street or strip. With 508 horsepower and 580 lb-ft of torque, it demands your full attention and a chassis that is strong enough to harness its frame-straining twisting power.
All ZZ502 crate engines are manufactured with GM’s updated cylinder block casting that is stronger and better supports high-performance applications. A forged crankshaft, along with forged rods and pistons, anchors the bottom end, while our popular oval-port aluminum heads offer excellent airflow characteristics.
The ZZ505/502 Deluxe package comes complete from the oil pan to the carburetor, including an HEI distributor, plug wires, starter, water pump, balancer, and an aluminum intake topped with a Holley 870-cfm four-barrel.
- Chevy Big-Block V-8
- 502 Displacement (cu. in.):
- 4.470 x 4.000 Bore x Stroke
- Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps block
- Forged steel Crankshaft
- Forged steel, shot peened Connecting Rods
- Forged aluminum Pistons
- Hydraulic roller Camshaft
- .527 intake / .544 exhaust Camshaft Lift (in.)
- 224° intake / 234° exhaust Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.)
- Aluminum oval port; 110-cc chambers Cylinder Heads
- 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel Valve Size
- 9.6:1 Compression Ratio
- Stamped steel Rocker Arms
- 1.7:1 Rocker Arm Ratio:
- HEI type Distributor
- 870-cfm Carburetor
- Aluminum, short-style Water Pump
- Spark Plugs and Wires Included
- Starter Included
- 14" Flexplate
- Premium Recommended Fuel
- 32° @4,000 rpm Ignition Timing
- 5800 Maximum Recommended rpm:
- External Balanced
Warranty Info (PDF)
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 19301358 LS376/480 LS Crate Engine, 495 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19301326 LS3 6.2 LS Crate Engine, 430 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19301360 LS376/585 LS Crate Engine, 525 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19301359 LS376/515 LS Crate Engine, 533 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19329246 LS7 7.0L LS Crate Engine, 427
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors Product Manager Jeff K. talks about how to really make your engine bay stand out from the crowd with just a little patience, and some Speedway products.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.