Chevrolet Performance 19331563 CT525 6.2L Crate Engine
CT525 Chevy LS V8, 376 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Deluxe Crate Engine Crate Engine Type
Chevrolet Performance’s deep-breathing, high-revving CT525 6.2L crate engine is based on the LS engine family and delivers serious power for serious racing series, including Super Late Model and modifieds.
It is similar to the 6.2L LS3, but we’ve adapted it to circle track racing with a carbureted intake manifold, 6-quart racing oil pan and more. The engine is lightweight and strong, using an aluminum block with cross-bolted 6-bolt main caps and high-flow LS3 rectangular-port cylinder heads. This combination produces 533 hp at 6,600 rpm and a hefty 477 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm.
The CT525 6.2L comes with coil-on-plug ignition, and an SFI-certified balancer
- Use LSX ignition controller (P/N 19171130)
- Requires addition of carburetor, starter, fuel system, exhaust system, and front accessory drive system
- The 6-quart circle track oil pan is designed to clear most GM rear-steer chassis with stock engine location. Requires external oil filter and cooler (will increase capacity to approximately 8 quarts)
- For Circle Track Racing only – Not intended for street use.
- The CT525 does not include a water pump or factory exhaust manifolds
- Circle Track racing engines from Chevrolet Performance include anti-tampering seals installed
CT525 Spec Sheet (PDF)
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 88869604 CT400 GM-Sealed 604 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Seal 602 Chevy Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 88869602 602 Circle Track Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19355658 SBC 350/290 HP LB Crate Engine
GM 88869604 CT400 GM-Sealed 604 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
GM 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
Speedway Racing GM LS Circle Track Crate Engine, CT525 Dynoed
Dressed 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Chevy Crate Engine, Dynoed
GM 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Sealed 602 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.