GM LS7/505 427CID ENGINE
In annals of high-performance engines, the Camaro Z/28’s LS7 will be remembered as a benchmark in naturally aspirated power. It will also go down as one of the most popular LS crate engines ever offered, with 505 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque.
Within its classic 427-cu-in displacement, engineers extracted Big-Block grunt from its high-revving Small-Block package.
It features a unique, big-bore cylinder block that is anchored with a forged crankshaft, featherweight titanium connecting rods, and friction-coated pistons. But it’s the airflow capability of the cavernous, CNC-ported heads that enables its tremendous power. Large-volume, straight-passage intake runners channel air directly through 2.20-inch titanium intake valves.
Chevrolet Performance's LS7 7.0L crate engine package includes a production-style engine with the dry sump oil pan. You’ll need to supply the external oil supply and oil lines to the engine, but the rest of the assembly is fully dressed, including the manifold assembly with injectors and electronically controlled throttle body, and log-style exhaust manifolds. Use our LS7 controller kit (P/N 19258553) to get it running in your project vehicle.
- LS-Series Small-Block V-8
- 427 (7.0L) Displacement (cu. in.)
- 4.125 x 4.000 Bore x Stroke
- Cast-aluminum with six-bolt steel main bearing caps
- Forged steel Crankshaft
- Forged titanium connecting rods
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- .591 intake / .591 exhaust Camshaft Lift
- 211° intake / 230° exhaust Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.)
Warranty Info (PDF)
- Front End Accessory Drive (FEAD) sold separately
- Assembly does not include any electronics
- Kit includes electronic throttle pedal, which is required for throttle input to the ECU
- Comes assembled with 14-inch Corvette Z06 168-tooth flywheel
- LS7 is the same size and mounts the same as other LS-Series engines
- Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for Chevrolet Performance Parts to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 35519329246 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 19418137 SPC350 Turn-Key Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19418136 ZZ6 SBC Turn-Key Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19370163 LS364/450 LS Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 88869602 CT350 IMCA-Seal 602 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19210009 SBC 350 HO Turn-Key Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19210008 SBC 350/330 HP Deluxe Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19331579 ZZ502 Big Block Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19370411 LS376/480 LS Crate Engine, 495 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19367080 Crate Engine, SP350/357 Long Block
Chevrolet Performance 19367082 Crate Engine, SP350/387 Deluxe
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.