Chevrolet Performance 19329246 LS7 7.0L LS Crate Engine, 427
For a limited time only get a $250 Prepaid Visa Card with the purchase of a Chevrolet Performance crate engine or Chevrolet Performance transmission. For more details click here.
In annals of high-performance engines, the Camaro Z/28’s LS7 will be remembered as a benchmark in naturally aspirated power. It will also go down as one of the most popular LS crate engines ever offered, with 505 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque.
Within its classic 427-cu-in displacement, engineers extracted Big-Block grunt from its high-revving Small-Block package.
It features a unique, big-bore cylinder block that is anchored with a forged crankshaft, featherweight titanium connecting rods, and friction-coated pistons. But it’s the airflow capability of the cavernous, CNC-ported heads that enables its tremendous power. Large-volume, straight-passage intake runners channel air directly through 2.20-inch titanium intake valves.
Chevrolet Performance's LS7 7.0L crate engine package includes a production-style engine with the dry sump oil pan. You’ll need to supply the external oil supply and oil lines to the engine, but the rest of the assembly is fully dressed, including the manifold assembly with injectors and electronically controlled throttle body, and log-style exhaust manifolds. Use our LS7 controller kit (P/N 19258553) to get it running in your project vehicle.
- LS-Series Small-Block V-8
- 427 (7.0L) Displacement (cu. in.)
- 4.125 x 4.000 Bore x Stroke
- Cast-aluminum with six-bolt steel main bearing caps
- Forged steel Crankshaft
- Forged titanium connecting rods
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- .591 intake / .591 exhaust Camshaft Lift
- 211° intake / 230° exhaust Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.)
Warranty Info (PDF)
- Front End Accessory Drive (FEAD) sold separately
- Assembly does not include any electronics
- Kit includes electronic throttle pedal, which is required for throttle input to the ECU
- Comes assembled with 14-inch Corvette Z06 168-tooth flywheel
- LS7 is the same size and mounts the same as other LS-Series engines
- Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
Q & A
Videos & Articles
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.