Chevrolet Performance 12499529 SBC 350/290 HP Long Block Crate En
- This product is discontinued.
Drop some performance into your Street Rod, Muscle Car or Truck with these genuine GM Performance engines! All GM Performance engines include a 24 Month 50,000 mile warranty. GM Performance Parts believes that everyone should be able to afford a high quality GM V-8 without going broke. The 350/290 is an answer to those car crafters who demand maximum return on their money. But, just because its affordable, dont think that its a stone. The 350/290 delivers 290 hp @ 5100 rpm and a solid 326 lb.-ft. of torque at 3750 rpm. With those kinds of numbers, its the perfect replacement engine for the millions of GM vehicles that shipped with a small-block. Got a tired, old Chevy that needs a lift? This is the crate engine for you. It is loaded with a four-bolt main bearing block, aluminum pistons, and a hydraulic camshaft. The cast iron cylinder heads are designed to be extremely durable while still providing good airflow through the engine. The 350/290 will ship to you as a Base-level long block. Add an intake manifold, carburetor, ignition system, starter, balancer, and water pump, and youll be ready to hit the road with a fresh new motor.
- Economical power
- Four-bolt block
- 290 hp @ 5100 rpm
- 326 lb.-ft. of torque at 3750 rpm
- 4.00" x 3.48" Bore x Stroke
- 8.5:1 compression ratio
- 87 Octane recommended fuel
- 4-bolt main caps
- Provisions for both RH and LH oil dipstick
- Contain a 2-piece rear main seal
- .450" intake / .460" exhaust - cam lift
- Cam duration @ .050": 222° intake / 222° exhaust
- 112° lobe separation
- .194" intake / 1.50" exhaust valves
- 1.5:1 ratio rocker arms
- Add an intake manifold, carburetor, ignition system, starter, balancer, and water pump
- The best value crate engine in the GM Performance Parts lineup
- Fully assembled long block
- Stamped steel OE valve covers
- Oil pump, pick-up, and oil pan
- Front timing cover
- 6" and 8" timing pointers for use with 2:00 mark balancers
Note: Block is drilled for either side oil dipsticks. Plugs are included to seal unused tube hole.
Item DetailsWarning: Not Intended For Marine Use
Possible Applications -
- Replace that tired old small-block that has served you well for years
- Finish your first Hot Rod
- A temporary stand-in while you build your dream engine
- An engine for that father/son project out in the garage
- Best for use with stock Small Block Chevy vehicles
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances."
WarrantiesGM Crate Engine Warranty
More Like This
BluePrint Budget 355 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19355658 SBC 350/290 HP LB Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19210007 SBC 350/330 HP Long Block Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19210008 SBC 350/330 HP Deluxe Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19210009 SBC 350 HO Turn-Key Crate Engine
GM 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Sealed 602 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
Chevrolet Performance 88869602 602 Circle Track Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Seal 602 Chevy Crate Engine
GM 19258602 CT350 602 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
Dressed GM 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Sealed 602 Chevy Crate Engine, Dynoed
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors Product Manager Jeff K. talks about how to really make your engine bay stand out from the crowd with just a little patience, and some Speedway products.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.