Champ Style Oil Pan w/High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 55-79 SBC
Chevy Small Block V8, Wet Sump Sump Style, 7 quarts Liquid Measurement, Steel, 7" Depth
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Save money and move more oil with these high volume Champ style oil pan/pump combos for 1955-79 (driver side dipstick) SBC engines.
- (1) Champ Style Oil Pan
- (1) High Volume Oil Pump
- (1) Oil Pump Pick Up
- (1) Oil Pan Gasket Set
Champ Style Oil Pan
- For 1955-1979 Small Block Chevy
- 7" deep
- 6 trap doors, 2 runners, 3 crank scrapers
- 7 quart sump
- Stock starter will fit
- Drivers side dipstick
- Center to center of rear bolt holes is 5-13/16"
- 910-15104 Instructions (PDF)
High Volume Oil Pump
- For 1955-1999 small block Chevy V8
- 25% more volume than stock oil pumps
- Ideal for high-mileage, basic rebuilds, and racing engines
- Recommended for applications with remote filters or coolers
- Upgraded 1.500" long gear (.300" longer than stock)
- Preset to 55-65 psi, but includes low-pressure spring included if needed
- Use with 5/8" pick-up tube
- 577-OP55HV Instructions (PDF)
Oil Pump Pick Up
- Zinc plated steel champ style oil pan pick-up
- For 4-bolt small block Chevy high volume oil pumps
- Has a 5/8" diameter tube
Oil Pan Gasket Set
- Left Hand side (55-79) or Right Hand side (80-85) dipstick
- For 2-piece rear main seal blocks
- Includes both 'Thick' and 'Thin' front pan seals
- .090" material thickness
- Cork material type
High Volume Oil Pump (more details)
There are many scenarios where a stock-volume oil pump won't provide the protection your engine needs. Engines with loose clearances (quick rebuilds or high-mileage engines) will need more oil volume to maintain a desired pressure. Engines operating at sustained high RPM (racing) also typically need more oil volume to maintain pressure in all oil galleries.
These high-volume oil pumps move 25% more oil by utilizing 1.500" long internal gears, which is .300" longer than stock pumps. Another benefit of high volume oil pumps is increased pressure at idle, providing some much needed peace of mind on the street. These pumps come preset to 55-65 PSI of oil pressure, with an additional spring to change that pressure setting if needed.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway 1955-79 SBC Small Block Chevy Champ-Style Oil Pan, 7 QuartPart # 91015104Qty x 1
Champ Pans Oil Pump Pick-up for 4-Bolt Small Block Chevy HV PumpPart # 91015130Qty x 1
High Volume Small Block Chevy SBC Oil Pump, 5/8 PickupPart # 577OP55HVQty x 1
Speedway 1975-85 Small Block Chevy Oil Pan Gasket Set, Thick FrontPart # 91010221Qty x 1
More Like This
Champ Style Oil Pan w/High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 80-85 SBC
Champ Style Oil Pan w/High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 86-Up SBC
Moroso Oil Pan w/High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 80-85 SB Chevy
Moroso Oil Pan w/Plug -High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 80-85 SBC
Moroso Oil Pan w/High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 86-Up SB Chevy
Moroso Oil Pan w/Plug -High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 86-Up SBC
Moroso Oil Pan w/High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 55-79 SB Chevy
Moroso Oil Pan w/Plug -High Volume Oil Pump/Pickup Kit, 55-79 SBC
Stock Small Block Chevy Claimer Oil Pan Combo, Left Hand Side Dipstick
Speedway '55-'79 Chevy Claimer Oil Pan w/ Inspect Plug, LH Dipstick
Q & A
A look at some LS Oil Pans for your swap project. Our video guide walks you through some great options.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
Tim talks about early Hemi oil adapters.
Greg walks step by step through priming your engine.
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.