COMP Cams SK10-214-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
290 AMC V8, 304 AMC V8, 343 AMC V8, 360 AMC V8, 390 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8, 256 Intake Duration
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AMC 290-401 c.i. 8 CYL. 1966-1991. Hydraulic-Strong torque thru low end & mid-range, good idle. Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
1966-79 AMC 290-401
1972-91 Jeep 304-401
More Like This
COMP Cams CL10-214-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC V8
COMP Cams K10-214-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
COMP Cams SK10-202-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
COMP Cams SK10-201-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
COMP Cams SK51-221-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Pontiac V8
COMP Cams SK31-234-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford S/B
COMP Cams SK35-234-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford 351W
COMP Cams CL31-234-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford S/B
COMP Cams CL32-241-4 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Camshaft Kit, Ford 351C/M/400
COMP Cams CL21-221-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.