COMP Cams SK10-204-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
AMC 290-401 c.i. 8 CYL. 1966-1991. Hydraulic-Great Street Machine cam. Needs manifold, 2500 converter and lower gears. 9:1 compression. Rough idle. Magnum Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Great high RPM power
- Easy on valve train parts
- Can be used with mild ratio rocker arms & traditional performance valve springs
- Best with aftermarket converter & 9.5:1+ compression
1966-79 AMC 290-401
1972-91 Jeep 304-401
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 282SK102044 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
COMP Cams CL31-226-3 S/B Ford Magnum Cam and Lifter Kit, 2000-6000 RPM
COMP Cams CL12-213-3 S/B Chevy Magnum Cam & Lifter Kit, 2500-6500 RPM
COMP Cams CL11-208-3 B/B Chevy Magnum Cam & Lifter Kit, 2000-6000 RPM
COMP Cams CL11-218-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft Kit, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams CL11-220-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft Kit, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams CL12-224-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams CL20-247-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft Kit, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams CL21-306-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams CL31-422-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Ford S/B
COMP Cams CL32-431-8 Magnum Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Ford 351C/M/400
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
A guide on how to check piston to valve clearance to prevent interference. See what tools are used to make this process easier.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow along as Jeff installs Mr. Gasket aluminum finned valve covers and gaskets to his iron-head engine. Learn how to prep the covers for a fresh coat of engine paint!
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.