COMP Cams SK10-204-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AMC 290-401 c.i. 8 CYL. 1966-1991. Hydraulic-Great Street Machine cam. Needs manifold, 2500 converter and lower gears. 9:1 compression. Rough idle. Magnum Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Great high RPM power
- Easy on valve train parts
- Can be used with mild ratio rocker arms & traditional performance valve springs
- Best with aftermarket converter & 9.5:1+ compression
1966-79 AMC 290-401
1972-91 Jeep 304-401
More Like This
COMP Cams CL10-204-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC V8
COMP Cams SK42-231-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Oldsmobile V8
COMP Cams K10-204-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
COMP Cams CL42-231-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Oldsmobile V8
COMP Cams SK31-226-3 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford S/B
COMP Cams SK35-226-3 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford S/B
COMP Cams SK33-230-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford 352/428 FE
COMP Cams SK51-234-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Pontiac V8
COMP Cams SK12-212-2 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams SK32-225-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford 351C/351M/400
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!