COMP Cams K51-240-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Pontiac V8
Pontiac V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 292 Intake Duration, 292 Exhaust Duration
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Pontiac 265-455 c.i. 8 cyl. 1955-1981. Hydraulic-Rough idle, performance usage. Increased compression required. Needs 3000 stall and 3.73:1 or 4.30:1 gears. Magnum Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Great high RPM power
- Easy on valve train parts
- Can be used with mild ratio rocker arms & traditional performance valve springs
- Best with aftermarket converter & 9.5:1+ compression
Application1955-81 Pontiac 265-455
More Like This
COMP Cams K33-240-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford 352/428
COMP Cams K42-236-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Oldsmobile V8
COMP Cams K20-243-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar 273/360
COMP Cams K21-242-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar 383/440
COMP Cams CL51-240-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Pontiac V8
COMP Cams K10-210-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, AMC 290/401
COMP Cams K34-336-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford 429/460
COMP Cams K11-213-3 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams K35-330-3 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Ford 351W
COMP Cams K42-308-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Oldsmobile V8
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.