COMP Cams K21-225-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit,Mopar 383/440
Chrysler Big Block V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 284 Intake Duration, Locks Included
Chrysler 383-440 C.I. 8 CYL. 1959-1980. Hydraulic, Street/Strip, Needs 2800+ Stall, 9:1 Comp, Rough Idle. Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1959-78 Chrysler 383-440
1960-78 Plymouth 383-440
1959-79 Dodge 383-440
- Small Sk-Kit SK21-225-4 
- Cam & Lifter Kit CL-Kit CL21-225-4 
- Lifter Kit 822-16  / 867-16 
- Timing Set 3204 / 2104
- Rocker Arms 1621-16  / 1071-KIT 
- Valve Springs 911-16 / 925-16 
- Steel Retainers 748-16 / 741-16
- Valve Locks 627-16 
- Valve Seats 504-16 / 505-16 
- Camshaft Break-In Lube 159
-  Stock springs cannot be used
-  Includes special shafts & spacers
-  1/2 set 2-groove; 1/2 set 4-groove
-  Adjustable valve train required
-  Pre-1968 use 824-16 Lifters
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
COMP Cams CL21-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams CL21-224-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams CL21-226-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams K21-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit,Mopar 383/440
COMP Cams SK21-221-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams SK21-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams CL21-225-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams K21-226-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit,Mopar 383/440
COMP Cams K21-215-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar 383/440
COMP Cams CL21-213-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Mopar B/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
A guide on how to check piston to valve clearance to prevent interference. See what tools are used to make this process easier.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow along as Jeff installs Mr. Gasket aluminum finned valve covers and gaskets to his iron-head engine. Learn how to prep the covers for a fresh coat of engine paint!
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.