COMP Cams GK12-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1958-1998. Street/strip, Needs 9.5:1 compression, 2800+ stall, intake, gears & headers, Very rough idle. Thumpr -Optimize engine character & sound, while providing excellent valvetrain stability & a wide power range. Camshaft/lifter/gear drive kit. Precision machined. Heat treated billet steel gears. 3-way crank sprocket. 4 deg. maximum advance or retard. Ready to install kit includes bolts and lock plates. Perfect addition for street performance vehicles.
- Three unique cam designs for each application that deliver excellent horsepower gains & broad torque curve; perfect choice for muscle cars & street rods
- Early intake valve opening & long exhaust duration create optimum overlap for powerful, hard-hitting exhaust note
- Best with aftermarket converters & more rear gear
Application1977-80 Buick 305
1977-82 Oldsmobile 305
1955-86 Chevy 262-400
1971-86 Pontiac 305-350
More Like This
COMP Cams CL12-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams GK35-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Ford 351W
COMP Cams GK11-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams CL08-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy 5/5.7L
COMP Cams CL31-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Ford S/B
COMP Cams CL20-603-9 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams CL32-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Ford 351C/M/400
COMP Cams CL35-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Ford 351W
COMP Cams K12-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams CL01-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy B/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!