COMP Cams GK12-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
Chevy Small Block V8, Hydraulic Roller Tappet Camshaft Type, 299 Intake Duration
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1958-1998. Street/strip, Needs 9.5:1 compression, 2800+ stall, intake, gears & headers, Very rough idle. Thumpr -Optimize engine character & sound, while providing excellent valvetrain stability & a wide power range. Camshaft/lifter/gear drive kit. Precision machined. Heat treated billet steel gears. 3-way crank sprocket. 4 deg. maximum advance or retard. Ready to install kit includes bolts and lock plates. Perfect addition for street performance vehicles.
- Three unique cam designs for each application that deliver excellent horsepower gains & broad torque curve; perfect choice for muscle cars & street rods
- Early intake valve opening & long exhaust duration create optimum overlap for powerful, hard-hitting exhaust note
- Best with aftermarket converters & more rear gear
Application1977-80 Buick 305
1977-82 Oldsmobile 305
1955-86 Chevy 262-400
1971-86 Pontiac 305-350
More Like This
COMP Cams CL12-601-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams K12-600-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams K12-601-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams K12-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams CL12-600-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams CL12-602-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams GK12-600-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy 5/5.7L
COMP Cams GK12-601-8 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams CL12-602-4 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams GK12-602-4 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft Kit, Chevy S/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.