COMP Cams 94-600-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Cadillac V8
425 Cadillac V8, 472 Cadillac V8, 500 Cadillac V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Cadillac 425, 472, 500 c.i. 8 CYL. 1963-1979. Thumpr : High performance street, stock converter ok, best with 2000+ converter and gears. Choppy/thumping idle. Hydraulic Flat Tappet. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Three unique cam designs for each application that deliver excellent horsepower gains & broad torque curve; perfect choice for muscle cars & street rods
- Early intake valve opening & long exhaust duration create optimum overlap for powerful, hard-hitting exhaust note
- Best with aftermarket converters & more rear gear
Application1968-79 Cadillac 425-500
More Like This
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!