COMP Cams 51-225-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Pontiac V8
Pontiac V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 2300 to 6500 RPM Range, 284 Intake Duration
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Pontiac 265-455 c.i. 8 cyl. 1955-1981. Hydraulic-Street / Strip, needs 9:1 comp. 2800+ stall, headers, gears, rough idle. Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1955-81 Pontiac 265-455
More Like This
COMP Cams 20-225-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 21-225-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 12-250-20 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-250-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 23-225-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 42-225-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft,Oldsmobile 260/455
COMP Cams 11-250-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams 33-250-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford 332/428 FE
COMP Cams 11-651-47 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams 31-250-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford S/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.