COMP Cams 46-408-9 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, GM 8.1L
496 Chevy Big Block V8, Hydraulic Roller Tappet Camshaft Type, 800 to 4800 RPM Range
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Roller Camshafts. Hydraulic Roller-Great Torque, good for towing & RV's. Works with OE exhaust & intake. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application2001-2007 Chevy 496
More Like This
COMP Cams 46-422-9 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, GM 8.1L
COMP Cams 46-413-9 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, GM 8.1L
COMP Cams 46-525-9 Tri-Power Xtreme Hyd. Roller Camshaft, GM 8.1L
COMP Cams 11-600-4 Thumpr Cam, Chevy 396-454, 1800-5600 RPM
COMP Cams 11-602-4 Big Mutha Thumpr Cam, Chevy 396-454, 2300-6200 RPM
COMP Cams 11-601-4 Mutha Thumpr Cam, Chevy 396-454, 2000-5900 RPM
COMP Cams 01-409-8 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 454/502
COMP Cams 01-410-8 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 454/502
COMP Cams 11-408-8 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams 01-405-8 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Chevy 454/502
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!