COMP Cams 24-602-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar 426 Hemi
426 Chrysler Hemi V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 2500 to 6400 RPM Range
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Chrysler 426 Hemi 8 CYL. 1966-1971. Big Mutha' Thumpr : Street/strip, needs 9.5:1 compression, 2800+ stall, intake, gears and headers, very rough idle. Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. 3 grinds to fit all of your performance needs. Unique design. Maximizes sound and mid to high RPM power. Ensures safe piston-to-valve clearance. Proven to generate 25+ RWHP gains. Does not compromise durability.
- Three unique cam designs for each application that deliver excellent horsepower gains & broad torque curve; perfect choice for muscle cars & street rods
- Early intake valve opening & long exhaust duration create optimum overlap for powerful, hard-hitting exhaust note
- Best with aftermarket converters & more rear gear
Application1966-71 Dodge 426
1966-71 Plymouth 426
More Like This
COMP Cams 24-601-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar 426 Hemi
COMP Cams 24-278-4 Street and Strip Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar 426 Hemi
COMP Cams 24-292-4 Street and Strip Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar 426 Hemi
COMP Cams 20-601-4 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Chrysler S/B
COMP Cams 20-602-4 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 20-601-9 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 20-603-9 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 20-671-4 Nostalgia Plus Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 20-206-4 Specialty Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 20-208-2 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!