COMP Cams 21-601-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Chrysler B/B
Chrysler Big Block V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 2200 to 6100 RPM Range
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft. Mutha' Thumpr : High performance street/strip, needs 9:1 compression, 2500+ stall, intake, gears and headers, rough idle. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Three unique cam designs for each application that deliver excellent horsepower gains & broad torque curve; perfect choice for muscle cars & street rods
- Early intake valve opening & long exhaust duration create optimum overlap for powerful, hard-hitting exhaust note
- Best with aftermarket converters & more rear gear
Application1959-78 Chrysler 383-440
1959-78 Dodge 383-440
1960-78 Plymouth 383-440
More Like This
COMP Cams 21-602-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-600-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 23-601-9 Thumpr Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-212-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-225-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-229-4 Xtreme Energy Hi-Lift Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-237-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-243-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 21-306-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!