COMP Cams 20-228-4 Xtreme Energy Hi-Lift Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
Xtreme Hi-lift Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. Hydraulic-Serious street/strip cam Strong Midrange & upper RPM power. Hi-Lift design to take advantage of ported heads and single plane intake, 3000 stall with 9.5:1 comp. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1971-89 Chrysler 318-360
1964-89 Plymouth 273-360
1964-91 Dodge 273-360
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 282202284 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
COMP Cams 20-220-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 35-601-4 Mutha Thumpr Cam, Ford 302-351W, 2200-6100 RPM
COMP Cams 35-600-4 Thumpr Cam, Ford 302-351W, 2000-5800 RPM
COMP Cams 11-600-4 Thumpr Cam, Chevy 396-454, 1800-5600 RPM
COMP Cams 12-602-4 Big Mutha Thumpr Cam, S/B Chevy, 2500-6400 RPM
COMP Cams 12-675-4 S/B Chevy Vacuum Solid Lifter Cam, 1300-5800 RPM
COMP Cams ASCS 360 Oval Track Solid Roller Cam, 4000-8000 RPM
COMP Cams 48-601-5 Mutha Thumpr Cam, Chevy 348/409, 2200-6100 RPM
COMP Cams 41-602-7 Big Mutha Thumpr Cam, 1949-53 Flathead Ford
COMP Cams 48-600-5 Thumpr Cam, Chevy 348/409, 2000-5800 RPM
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Picking a proper camshaft for your project can rapidly deteriorate into chaos. So many possibilities. Want a little advice? Click here!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Picking the right camshaft can be a challenge. Use our camshaft selection guide to learn how to select the right cam for your street rod's best performance.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.