COMP Cams 12-556-4 Nitrous HP Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 1600 to 5900 RPM Range, 262 Intake Duration
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1958-1998. High performance street. With 100-150 HP nitrous kit or small blower. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Wider lobe separation & added exhaust duration from base XE series help shift the power to higher RPM to allow use in nitrous applications
- Early exhaust opening helps scavenge the extra spent gasses from nitrous or forced induction
- Better time slips for nitrous passes at the strip
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.