COMP Cams 12-256-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
305 Chevy Small Block V8, 350 Chevy Small Block V8, Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1958-1998. For '58-'98 262-400 cid Small Block Engines w/ Flat Tappet Cam - Best In 305 Or 350 Tuned Port Injected Engines. Xtreme Energy. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1987-98 Chevy 305-350
More Like This
COMP Cams 12-232-3 Xtreme Marine Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-314-4 Computer-Controlled Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-234-2 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 42-221-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft,Oldsmobile 260/455
COMP Cams 10-214-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 32-241-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft,Ford 351C/351M/400
COMP Cams 12-402-4 Computer-Controlled Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-252-4 Xtreme Turbo Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 66-248-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford 240/300
COMP Cams 31-234-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford S/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.