COMP Cams 12-224-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B , 2500-6500 RPM
Chevy Small Block V8, Solid Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 2500 to 6500 RPM Range
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1955-1998. Solid-Maximum street performance, very rough idle, needs headers, 3000 stall and 9.5:1 minimum compression. SOLID - Magnum: Maximum street performance, very rough idle, needs headers, 3000+ stall and 9.5:1+compression.
- Great high RPM power
- Easy on valve train parts
- Can be used with mild ratio rocker arms & traditional performance valve springs
- Best with aftermarket converter & 9.5:1+ compression
Application1982 Oldsmobile 305
1977-80 Buick 305
1955-86 Chevy 262-400
1971-86 Pontiac 305-350
1967-87 GMC 283-400
More Like This
COMP Cams 12-223-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B , 2000-6000 RPM
COMP Cams 12-222-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B , 1500-5500 RPM
COMP Cams 12-225-4 Magnum Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B , 3000-7000 RPM
COMP Cams 12-681-5 Street and Strip Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-665-47 Xtreme Energy Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-673-4 Nostalgia Plus Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-674-4 Xtreme Energy Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-677-4 Xtreme Energy Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-679-5 Xtreme Energy Solid Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 12-601-4 Mutha Thumpr Cam, Small Block Chevy, 2200-6100 RPM
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.