COMP Cams 106200 Xtreme Energy Hyd. Roller Camshaft, Ford V8
Hydraulic Roller Tappet Camshaft Type, 1800 to 6200 RPM Range, 269 Intake Duration
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Xtreme RPM Series. DOHC-Street and strip performance. Needs lower gears, exhaust upgrades, larger throttle body & mass air, bigger fuel injectors and a 2200+ stall with automatics. Requires computer modifications. Rough Idle. COMP Cams Xtreme RPM XE270AH-14 Camshaft Set for 4.6L DOHC Modular 4 Valve Ford - Street and strip performance. Needs lower gears, exhaust upgrades, larger throttle body and mass air, bigger injectors and 2200+ stall. Rough idle. Requires custom tuning.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.