COMP Cams 10-603-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 2200-6100 RPM
Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft Type, 2200 to 6100 RPM Range, 287 Intake Duration
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AMC 290-401 c.i. 8 CYL. 1966-1991. Mutha' Thumpr - High performance street/strip, needs 9:1 compression, 2500+ stall, intake, gears and headers, rough idle. Mutha' Thumpr. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Three unique cam designs for each application that deliver excellent horsepower gains & broad torque curve; perfect choice for muscle cars & street rods
- Early intake valve opening & long exhaust duration create optimum overlap for powerful, hard-hitting exhaust note
- Best with aftermarket converters & more rear gear
More Like This
COMP Cams 31-602-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford S/B , 2200-6100 RPM
COMP Cams 10-600-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 2000-5800 RPM
COMP Cams 10-604-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 2500-6400 RPM
COMP Cams 41-601-7 49-53 Flathead Ford Mutha Thumpr Cam, 2200-6100 RPM
COMP Cams 35-601-4 Mutha Thumpr Cam, Ford 302-351W, 2200-6100 RPM
COMP Cams 48-601-5 Mutha Thumpr Cam, Chevy 348/409, 2200-6100 RPM
COMP Cams 20-601-4 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Chrysler S/B
COMP Cams 21-601-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Chrysler B/B
COMP Cams 33-601-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford B/B FE
COMP Cams 91-601-5 Thumpr Hydraulic Camshaft, Buick V8
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!