COMP Cams 10-201-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
290 AMC V8, 304 AMC V8, 327 AMC V8, 343 AMC V8, 360 AMC V8, 390 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AMC 290-401 c.i. 8 CYL. 1966-1991. Hydraulic-Good low end torque. Strong mid-range power. Excellent for towing or performance. Smooth idle in 304 and up. High Energy Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Work well with mainly stock components (rockers, manifolds, heads, compression, converters, gears, etc.)
- Good blend of efficiency & performance
- Perfect choice for performance street rebuilds
Application1966-79 AMC 290-401
1972-91 Jeep 304-401
More Like This
COMP Cams 10-202-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-200-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC
COMP Cams 10-210-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 2500-6500 RPM
COMP Cams 10-211-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 3000-7000 RPM
COMP Cams 10-214-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-215-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-203-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 1800-5800 RPM
COMP Cams 10-204-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 2000-6000 RPM
COMP Cams 10-216-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-213-5 Hi-Tech Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC , 4000-7500 RPM
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.