Brake Bracket Kit 1978-88 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindles
5.50" Centerline of Holes, 4 on 3.375" Bolt Hole Pattern, 7/16"-20 Thread Pitch, Steel, Natural
- Easily installs customer provided 11" rotors and '78-up GM "Metric" calipers to your '37-'48 Ford passenger car spindles or '37-'47 Ford pickup spindles
- No machine work needed, press on inner wheel bearing adapters included
- Bracket kit includes LH & RH caliper brackets, inner wheel bearings, bearing adapters, races, and hub seals along with caliper bracket hardware.
- Bracket kit made use in complete disc brake conversion kits 910-31945, 910-31946, and 910-31946D
- Works with bolt-on steering arms or stock arms
Easily installs 11" rotors and the 1978-up GM Metric calipers to your 1937-48 Ford passenger car spindles. No machine work needed. Please see below for suggested 1973-77 GM type 11" brake rotor part #s required.
- GM to Ford brake brackets
- 1978-Up hardware
- Inner Wheel Bearings and seal adapters
- Inner bearing cups
- Inner bearing cones
- Does not include outer bearings, dust caps, washers or spindle nuts (see related items)
This kit works well with bolt-on steering arms. The 11" rotor brake kits are great for Street Rods based on 1932-48 Fords. However, for or a T bucket or early roadster, you might consider the Wilwood kits shown below.
1978-Up GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindles
Installation Note: If utilizing the later Ford 'Square Back' style spindle, it will require minimal modification (removal of approximately 1/8" of material from the spindle) to clearance the caliper bracket. The early Ford style 'Round Back' spindle will not require this additional modification. Due to the numerous types of bolt arm steering arms that can be utilized, installer provided steering arm bolts applicable to the specific steering arms may be required as provided by installer.
702-4475 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1937-48 Ford Spindle to F-150 Rotors, 5 on 5-1/2
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Flat Mount Caliper Bracket
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-1/2In
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, Stock Ford Spindle, 5on4-3/4
Basic Brake Kit, GM Metric Caliper/Mustang II Rotor to Chevy Spindle
Weld-On 1978-88 GM Metric Caliper Bracket
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Mid-size Caliper Bracket
Basic Kit 1974-80 Mustang II Brakes to 1949-54 Chevy Spindles, Steel
AFCO 40120 Weld-On Rear Caliper Bracket, 3/16 Inch Thick
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
Today we take a look at the differences between proportioning valves (both fixed and adjustable models) and the residual pressure valves we offer in this buyer's guide.
Custom rides usually require custom brake and fuel lines. Educate yourself on the tools you will need and the proper steps to a successful line assembly in our buyer's guide.