Bolt-In 1947-54 Chevy Pickup Mustang II Crossmember
47-54 GMC, 47-54 Chevy, Front Position, Mustang II Crossmember Type, Boxed Crossmember Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
As featured on Classic Truck’s Week to Wicked. Watch the transformation here!
Our bolt-in Mustang II suspension kit for 1947-1954 Chevy half-ton and 3/4 ton pickups includes all hardware and instructions.
- Completely bolt in - no welding required
- Based on proven Mustang II geometry
- Complete with bolt in boxing plates to reinforce the frame
- Interlocking design for ultimate strength
- Threaded adjusters to fine tune ride height
- Full lower A-arms required with this crossmember (strutless type)
- Requires the use of a power rack and pinion and tubular control arms
- NOT for use with air ride
910-44754 Instructions (PDF)
Parts List (PDF)
Note: Use bolt-in motor mount kit 910-54754 to mount your S/B Chevy.
NotesThis bolt in unit is ONLY made to fit a 47-54 Chevy 1/2 ton and 3/4 Pickup chassis. Inside dimension at axle centerline is 23-1/2", outside is 28". This frame is slightly tapered to the front. Standard MII spindles will set pin at 1/2" below frame rail and 2" drop will set it at 1-1/2" above. Track width is standard 56-1/2" depending on which brake kit is used.
More Like This
Speedway Mustang II Crossmember for 1947-54 Chevy Pickup Frame, Kit
Heidts 1947-54 Chevy Truck Econo Mustang II Crossmember
Heidts Universal Multi-Fit 60 Econo Mustang II Crossmember Kit
Competition Engineering C2019 Ladder Bar Crossmember, 54 Inch
Heidts Universal 56-1/2 Inch Econo Crossmember
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back with Dave's 1951 Chevy Truck project to talk about the 1947-1954 Chevy Truck EFI Fuel tank available from Speedway Motors.
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.