Bob Drake 11A-9002 1941-1948 Ford Car 17 Gallon Steel Fuel Tank
41-42 Ford, 46-48 Ford, 39-42 Mercury, 49-50 Mercury, Custom Replacement Fuel Tank Style, Steel
- The fuel pickup remains in the original location
- Tanks is made from durable steel and has a 17 gallon capacity
- Measures 34" side-to-side, 21" front-to-back, and 7" bottom-to-top
- Specifically designed to fit the 1941-1951 Ford/Mercury vehicles (see list)
- It is engineered to accept aftermarket sending units and offers an easy bolt-in installation
Our steel fuel tanks accept aftermarket sending units and are an easy bolt-in installation. The fuel pickup is in the original location, which is under the filler neck.
This tank fits the following applications:
- 1941-1948 Ford Cars
- 1939-1948 Mercury Cars
- 1949-1951 Ford and Mercury Wagons
This 17 gallon tank for 1941-1948 measures approximately:
- 34" side-to-side
- 21" front-to-back
- 7" bottom-to-top
- Pickup tube fitting is 1/2"-20
Note: This tank accepts aftermarket fuel level senders. A special sender gasket is included as well as sender mounting screws.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
We take a look at some parts going into a 1951 Chevy Truck project. We highlight a few key pieces including the 1947-1954 Chevy Truck EFI Fuel tank.
Pat talks about our Tanks Inc. EFI fuel tanks.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks built a 1952 Chevy truck in celebration of the 65th anniversary of Speedway Motors. Check out the short video on one of the products used in the build.
Now that Project Chevelle is making some real power, we've decided to ditch the old tank, lines, and pump in favor of a new tank and pump from Tanks Inc.
How to clean and seal your old tank
Thinking about rebuilding your fuel system but you're not sure what it entails? Click here for a comprehensive article on what to expect!
A step by step on how to install an EFI Fuel Tank kit in a 1967 Chevelle. Learn the benefits of using this kit including expanded fuel capacity and a 24 gallon tank.