BluePrint BPF4083CTC Ford 408 Stroker, Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads
Ford 408 Stroker - Dressed Engine - Cast Iron Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 345 HP / 430 FT LBS
- Cast Iron Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BPF4083CTC
- 351 W
- 2 bolt main
- bored .040
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Hastings Moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- Cloyes double roller timing chain
- Camshaft is degreed to ensure maximum horsepower
- Modified Ford cast iron heads, 62cc chamber
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 1.94 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .496 Intake .520 Exhaust
- 224 Intake / 230 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees total at 3500 RPM
- Oil pan, Timing cover and valve covers
- Intake Manifold, Carburetor and Distributor
- Dyno tested “ and shipped with results
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NotesNot for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Decode small block Chevy engine suffix codes and block casting numbers with our SBC decoding info guide. Learn how to find and decipher your small block Chevy engine codes quickly and easily!
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.