BluePrint BPC4083CT Chrysler 408 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
360 Chrysler Small Block V8, 408 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 30 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
Chrysler 408 Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 445 HP / 500 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutetic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BPC4083CT
- Seasoned 360 block
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutetic pistons
- I-beam rods
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- High volume oil pump
- Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Aluminum cylinder heads
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .545 Intake .545 Exhaust
- 241 Intake / 247 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees at 3500 RPM
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
More Like This
BluePrint BPC4083CTF Chrysler 408 Dressed with Fuel Injection, Alum Heads
BluePrint BPC4082CTC Chrysler 408 Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads
BluePrint BPC4083CTC Chrysler 408 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint BPC4082CT Chrysler 408 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CTC GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP3550CT GM 355 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP3550CTC GM 355 Dressed Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP4960CTC GM 496 Dressed Marine Engine, Cast Iron Heads
BluePrint MBP4960CT GM 496 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.