BluePrint BPC4083CT Chrysler 408 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
Chrysler 408 Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 445 HP / 500 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutetic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BPC4083CT
- Seasoned 360 block
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutetic pistons
- I-beam rods
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- High volume oil pump
- Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Aluminum cylinder heads
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .545 Intake .545 Exhaust
- 241 Intake / 247 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees at 3500 RPM
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 227BPC4083CT is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.