BluePrint BP4962CTC GM 496 Stroker, Base Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
496 Chevy Big Block V8, 496 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 30 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 496 Stroker - Base Dressed Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- Aluminum Heads
- One piece rear seal, .060 over block
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002
- straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New forged steel crankshaft
- GM connecting rods
- 150,000 psi rod bolts
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Hastings moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- High volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller cam
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.3 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.880 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# PS8013
- Cam Type: Roller
- .566 Intake .566 Exhaust
- 242 Intake / 248 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees at 3500 RPM
- Aluminum intake manifold
- 850 cfm carburetor
- Valve covers
- Oil pan
- Brass freeze plugs
Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
More Like This
BluePrint BP4967CT GM 496 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4962CTF GM 496 Stroker, Base Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint BP4962CT GM 496 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4967CTC GM 496 Stroker, Base Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint MBP4960CT GM 496 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint Roller 496 B/B Chevy Engine
BluePrint MBP4960CTC GM 496 Dressed Marine Engine, Cast Iron Heads
BluePrint BP4960 GM 496 Stroker Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint BP4961 GM 496 Stroker Shortblock Crate Engine, Forged Crank
BluePrint PS5091CTC Chevy 509 Pro Series, Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.