BluePrint BP4001CTC1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
400 Chevy Small Block V8, 400 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 30 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 400 - Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 460 HP / 470 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Roller Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP4001CTC1
- BRAND NEW BluePrint Cast Iron Block
- 4 Bolt Mains
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- New cast crankshaft
- Cast 5.7" connecting rods
- 150,000 psi rod bolts
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Hastings moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- High volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller cam
- Roller lifters
- BluePrint aluminum - 64cc chamber
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.600 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# H8002K
- Cam Type: Roller
- .544 Intake .555 Exhaust
- 230 Intake / 236 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110Â° lobe separation
- 10-16 degree inital and total timing 32-34 degree at 3500 RPM
- Intake Manifold - dual plane, satin aluminum
- Carburetor - Holley 750cfm
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NEW BluePrint block manufactured and machined in the USA! Not for EGR
Warranty Information (PDF)
More Like This
BluePrint BP35512CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35513CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4002CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4002CTC1 GM 400, Base Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35512CTC1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTF1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4001CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4003CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads- Roller Cam
BluePrint PS4541CT Chevy 454 Pro Series, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.