BluePrint BP4001CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
400 Chevy Small Block V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type, 400 cu. in. Engine Displacement
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 400 - Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 460 HP / 470 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Roller Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP4001CT1
- BRAND NEW BluePrint Cast Iron Block
- 4 Bolt Mains
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- New cast crankshaft
- Cast 5.7" connecting rods
- 150,000 psi rod bolts
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Hastings moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- High volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller cam
- Roller lifters
- BluePrint aluminum - 64cc chamber
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# H8002K
- Cam Type: Roller
- .544 Intake .555 Exhaust
- 230 Intake / 236 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110Â° lobe separation
- 10-16 degree inital and total timing 32-34 degree at 3500 RPM
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NEW BluePrint block manufactured and machined in the USA! Not for EGR
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTF1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4003CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads- Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4002CTC1 GM 400, Base Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint Budget 355 Crate Engine
BluePrint BP3834 GM 383 Stroker Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint PS4540CT Chevy 454 SBC Pro Series, Base Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint PS4272CTC Chevy 427 SBC Pro Series, Base Crate Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint PS4272CT Chevy 427 SBC Pro Series, Base Crate Engine, Alum Heads
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.