BluePrint BP3961CT GM 396 SBC Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 395 Chevy Small Block V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- Has 34 degrees of timing at 3500 RPM
- Engine has a compression ratio of 10.4:1
- Cylinder heads have hardened springs and retainers
- This 396 cu. in. engine puts out 485 horsepower and 500 ft. lb. of torque
- Features a new few forged steel crankshaft with new forged pistons and connecting rods
GM 396 SBC Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 485 HP / 500 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.4:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Forged Pistons
- Roller Cam
- Forged Crank
- Part #: BP3961CT
- 4 bolt main, small block
- New forged steel crankshaft
- New forged pistons and connecting rods
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Roller cam
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Long slot, stamped steel rockers
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# HP8103
- Cam Type: Roller
- .510 Intake .520 Exhaust
- 230 Intake / 236 Exhaust duration
- @ .050
- 34 degrees at 3500 RPM
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno tested “ and shipped with results
Notes*A bronze distributor gear is NOT recommended on this engine
Warranty Information (PDF)
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 90 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Decode small block Chevy engine suffix codes and block casting numbers with our SBC decoding info guide. Learn how to find and decipher your small block Chevy engine codes quickly and easily!
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.