BluePrint BP3834CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Dressed Engine - Aluminum Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: HP 420/ FT 450 LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3834CTC1
- 4 Bolt main, 1 piece rear main seal
- Passenger side dipstick
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 PSI bolts
- Hastings moly rings
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic flat tappet cam
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# H8002K
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .480 Intake .486 Exhaust
- 229 Intake / 230 Exhaust duration
- @ .050
- 34 degrees total at 3500 RPM
- New valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Aluminum Intake Manifold
- HEI distributor
- 750cfm Carburetor
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
Picture shown with optional tall, perimeter bolt valve covers.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
More Like This
BluePrint BP38313CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3830CTC1S GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint MBP3830CTC GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint BP38313CTF1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38301CT GM 383 Base Engine, Stock Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38302CT GM 383 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3832CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3830CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
The steps of a repaint/restoration project on a 496 Blueprint crate engine. Jeff K. talks about how he went from a Chevelle 283 to a garage sale 496 Blueprint.
In this Tech Tip, John gets to answer a favorite question of ours, what engine should I get?
Questions about what you will need for your fuel sytstem? Click here!